- Digital First Creators do not require government intervention to succeed. They have thrived and led a digital content renaissance without government intervention.
- Digital First Creators aspire for their content to be discovered by a global audience, and do not measure success within Canada’s borders.
- Freedom of expression is a fundamental freedom. Government should not interfere with or limit the ability for lawful content to be freely discovered by users.
- Canadian Content designations are incompatible with user generated content, and do not benefit the interests of Digital First Creators.
- Any mandatory contributions derived from user-generated content platforms must be for the benefit of Digital First Creators who make content for those platforms.
ABOUT DIGITAL FIRST CANADA
Advocating On Behalf Of Millions Of Canadians Creating Content To Be Discovered Online
Statement Of Principles
Have questions about Digital First Canada or want to get in touch? email@example.com